Libertarianism is a movement to build a society where individuals are able to live their lives with minimal interference from others. While libertarians may disagree over how that is best achieved, we all agree that increasing liberty is a worthwhile goal. This section is dedicated to discussions of how an individual can promote the cause of liberty, and why a person may want to dedicate his own resources towards this goal. Discussion of why liberty is a worthwhile goal is found in the philosophy section, as are discussions of what libertarianism means.
- A gazillion things for volunteers to do. Anyone should be able to find a task suited to them on this list.
- How You Can Use Libertarian Wiki
- Refuse to deal with evil corporations
Activists consciously seek to change their society in a particular way. Undertaking activism can consume an immense amount of time and attention. Activists may also lose perspective, becoming arrogant and self-important. Keeping perspective also helps activists to continue after a setback. Understanding one's own motivation to become involved in activism can help prevent a damaging loss of perspective. Libertarians are motivated by a variety of factors, among which are:
- Libertarianism as refusal to contribute to oppression
- Intention to Libertarianism as self-interest
- Libertarianism as philanthropy
- Libertarianism as hobby
Each person's participation in the libertarian movement may be radically different based upon their motivation
Swaying public opinionEdit
- Help spread the message of Liberty and Freedom by promoting Libertarian Talk Show Free Talk Live.
- Illustrate the real world evil of authoritarianism (current issues)
- Reinforce libertarian attitudes in the culture
- Develop a libertarian communication network
- Libertarian Bumper Stickers Libertarian bumper sticker images
- Custom Bumper Sticker How to make them. Brainstorm bumper sticker slogans
- Iron-on Templates Make t-shirts!
- Nolan Survey Yet another version of the famous "quiz".
- Protest Signs How to make.
- Wikipedia The mother of all wikis. Write articles explaining libertarianism, fight anti-libertarian bias, but please respect Wikipedia's NPOV.
- Bookmark libertarian websites on Del.icio.us, a social bookmark manager.
Changing state policyEdit
- The Libertarian Party (wikipedia)
- The Democratic Freedom Caucus (wikipedia)
- The Republican Liberty Caucus (wikipedia)
- Free State Project (wikipedia) 20,000 libertarians freeing New Hampshire.
- Promote libertarianism in other parties
- Promote independent libertarian candidates
- Support issue campaigns
- Find information on candidates in general elections
- Scorecards of how elected officials voted on libertarian issues.
- Libertarians For Life
- Real World Libertarians
- Libertarian Reform Caucus Dedicated to making the LP electable
Libertarian Democratic Caucus, a philisophically libertarian group seeking to return the Democratic Party to its Jeffersonian roots. The LDC advocates cooperation with all libertarians, regardless of political party. Libertarian Democratic Caucus Website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/libertariandemocrats/
LDC MY SPACE Webpage: http://groups.myspace.com/LDC2006
LDC FACEBOOK Webpage: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2265391392